Monday, April 2, 2018

Interracial Dating

Almost every time you scroll through Twitter or Instagram you see a post about an interracial couple. Most of the time, that couple is white girl and black guy (probably a division one athlete), and they black guy is in trouble for doing "something illegal" to the girl (we all know she's usually living). Then a debate starts on why black men need to stay away from women outside and they need to start treating us black women as queens and vice versa. Topics like these really make me stop and think, should I date outside my race?

My answer is yes...heck yes. If it's love then it's love period. As long as your significant other isn't bashing your race or being disrespectful then i don't see a problem. Now I know their are sometimes where there are those incidents when a person traps an black person, but i don't think that should deter anyone from trying something new and out of their comfort zone. There are plenty of happy interracial couples out their in the world who don't have issues because they are caring and understanding of their significant others background. My best friend (he's black) has been dating his white girlfriend since high school and their relationship is still going strong. They both respect each others different and try to see life from each other perspectives. If I ever get into an interracial relationship I would want to be just as happy and comfortable as them.














Here's the link to my podcast on the issue: https://youtu.be/GEXFm1MaWU0

No comments:

Post a Comment